A Cognitive Analysis: The Advantages Of Print Over Digital Media
With e-mail, e-books, and e-everything dominating the communications landscape, many pundits have gone so far as to announce “Print is dead.” Such a declaration, however, is not only premature but downright wrong. We have always known this to be true and recently completed a deap dive into the research that shows why print will remain an essential part of marketing programs well into the future.
Click the following link to download our whitepaper on The Advantages of Print Over Digital Media.
A Look at the Numbers
- 91% of magazine readers take action1
- The average magazine reader spends 41 minutes reading an issue2
- 62% of magazine readers keep an issue around for a week or longer3
- 1 in 4 people pick up a magazine 3 or more times before they finish it4
- A 5% increase in customer retention can lead to a 72% increase in profitability for a service company
- 47% of adults trust magazines (whereas only 35% of adults trust the Internet)5
(1) Hearst. Consumer Research, 2011 (2) GfK MRI & Omniture/Condé Nast, Spring 2011 (3) Gfk MRI, 2011 (4) Magazine Media factbook 2012/13 (5) Nielsen Global Trust in Advertising Survey, April 2012